Posted on April 4, 2019 byunder
Being an organ donor can save lives. We all can help to save lives no matter how old, young, ill, or healthy we are. Every organ donor can have the capability to save a life. Here are 10 facts about organ donation.
- And although 95% of adults are pro-organ donation, only 58% of them are organ donors themselves.
- 1 organ donor can save up to 8 lives upon death. This accounts for the 8 different organs that you can donate upon death. The liver, lungs, heart, kidneys, pancreas, and small intestine. Other things like bone, skin, heart valves, and blood vessels can greatly improve some people’s quality of life. You can even donate your cornea, which can help some people to be able to see.
- Being a donor won’t keep you from the best healthcare possible. The doctor’s number one priority is to keep people healthy, they will not trade one person’s life for another’s.
- Over 100,000 people are on the donor waiting list currently in 2019.
- You are much more likely to need a donor organ in the future than to be a viable donor, only 3 out 1,000 people can actually donate upon their death.
- 20 people die every day waiting for donor organs.
- You can be an organ donor no matter your age or health issues.
- Ziemer Funeral Home can help to make sure you can still have an open casket funeral if you are an organ donor.
- Being an organ donor can help your loved ones to feel more at ease when you pass, because they can see the people that your life helped to save.
- It’s not too late to register Just click here!
Written By: Shelby Boutilier